Skip to main content

THE UGLY GREEN MONSTER

JEALOUSY AND ENVY

I hope EVERYONE had a nice holiday this 4th of July!  I thought I did but APPARENTLY certain guests at my pool/BBQ party told me something DIFFERENT the next day.  Let me explain, a very good friend of mine had out of STATE friends coming to town.  We decided to have a SMALL  relaxing get-together.  She went to pick up the "GUEST'S" from the airport and after they had settled in a bit at her place they all HEADED over to my house.  I invited everyone in, including a single mother in her late 30's, her baby, and her mother.  There were only EIGHT people here.  It was, like I said a small get-together.  I played HOSTESS, as usual, and provided the FOOD, BEVERAGES, SNACKS, APPETIZERS, and a very WELCOMING and COMFORTABLE atmosphere.  I made everyone feel at home and they were swimming, tanning, and relaxing in the jacuzzi.  We were taking photos, talking, and laughing.  I GRILLED hamburgers and hotdogs for the group.  Everyone ate and all throughout the ENTIRE time I made sure that EVERYONE had what they wanted or needed ( a cold bottle of water, a clean towel, a private room for the baby, you name it!). I was a GRACIOUS HOSTESS to say the least, and if you KNOW me, you know that I am NOT the one to BRAG or boast about anything.  What I am trying to say, is that I went OUT OF MY WAY to make everyone comfortable.

NOW HERE IS THE TWIST

The SINGLE mother (who by the way lives with her BOYFRIEND, the baby's daddy, and his other kids) invites "ANOTHER" man over to MY house for her once a year RENDEZVOUS with him,
UNBEKNOWNST to me or anyone else, EXCEPT her mother.  The sun is setting and the BABY is sleeping soundly in a PRIVATE bedroom in my house.  My FIANCÉ light's the tiki torches and adjusts the lighting in the pool and jacuzzi to a GORGEOUS shade of blue (after going through the cycle of colors to get the PERFECT balance and ambiance.). I bring out some scented CANDLES and we continue talking and enjoying ourselves.  The mother of the single mother was getting tired and a bit cold but she did not want to go inside.  I pulled up a CHAISE LOUNGE and brought her a blanket.  She was EXHAUSTED and within minutes she was out like a light! (SNORING)  The single mother went inside the house to CHECK on the baby (something I had been doing every few minutes or so when I would walk back into the house to get something else for these people!)  She was taking quite a bit of time so, I WENT to go check on HER.  She came out of my BATHROOM with a FRESHLY applied full face of MAKEUP leaving a trail of body POWDER footsteps across the wood floor of my house.  I went into my bathroom and NOTICED that she had helped herself to many of my PERSONAL items.  OK, still not a problem.  MAKE yourself at home.  ENJOY!  Now,
REMEMBER no one knew that this "MAN" was on his way over.  The single mother (whom I will
be calling "s.m." from this point on) makes an ANNOUNCEMENT that her "MALE FRIEND" is
stuck in TRAFFIC by LAX (which without traffic is about 35 minutes away from my house) so that is when we are NOTIFIED that "HE" is coming over.  OK, still not a PROBLEM.  MAKE yourself at home.  About 5 or 10 minutes PASS and the GUY is in my BACKYARD.  Sounding a bit STRANGE to you? The s.m. runs up to the "GUY" hugs and kisses him, and brings "HIM" over to the table we are all sitting around.  Now, I have only met this "GUY" once and that was LAST year at this SAME time.  So, everyone KNEW who he was and vice versa, we just did not KNOW that he was coming over until the LAST minute.  I CONTINUED to be a GRACIOUS HOSTESS and while talking I find out that the guy has a RECORDING studio and knows a lot about WHAT I am TRYING to LEARN!
We talked about AUDIO recording issues and EDITING/MASTERING files.  I realized that we were
TALKING a bit too much about a SUBJECT that no one else knew about or was INTERESTED in so, I tried to DIRECT the ATTENTION of the guy back to the S.M.  They talked for a bit and the GUY brought up the SUBJECT again.  I LEARNED A LOT that night.  continued in next post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The American Opioid Epidemic and Mental Illness

Someone Like Me-Is there a connection between addiction and mental illness? I say there is! Some people say that addiction is a choice, but I know for a fact that it’s not. Mental illness plays a big part in a persons decision making process and lifestyle choices. I am now in the middle of writing my 7th book and I will explain in detail how my chemically imbalanced mind thinks and reacts.  Well, at least how mine did before treatment anyway! Sure, I am no pro and I am not a doctor, but I have a genuine real life experience and a story to tell. I hope that you will open your mind to the possibility, or shall I say the reality, that addiction is indeed a disease and not a choice.

Behind Blue Eyes

Book Seven will be out soon! I have an editor now and everything is going as planned, just a bit behind schedule. I am going to expose a certain something that I didn’t intentionally leave out of my other books. I think that you will find it interesting and as always, I hope to inspire and help at least one person. LOVE-PEACE-HAPPINESS-STRENGTH-susie  Sweet Melissa Book Seven- Behind Blue Eyes  Because no one knows what it’s like...

My Name is Susie and I’m a Comma Addict

Editing a manuscript is like editing your life! Search for the mistakes and fix them! Book One of The Sweet Melissa Memoir Series has been revised!  No worries! I’m sure it has plenty of commas stuck in the wrong place! It also has dialogue and a more descriptive value including what? EMOTION,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,#Recovery #Adiction #OneDayAtATime If you need to hire an editor/life coach then do it!  If you’re stubborn like me and you want to do it alone, then be prepared for the criticism. Go through the pages of your manuscript/life one word at a time.  Find an easy flow. Don’t make it complicated with terms you don’t understand and ask for help when you can.  There’s one thing I’ve found to be true, and that’s putting comma’s in the right place.  I habitually overuse them .  I guess they are my “NEW DRUG of CHOICE” and sometimes I follow my own rules of punctuation. If I need a pause or a break, I shove one in!  I am a comma addict, but I’m