Skip to main content

A TOUCH OF HOPE/ADVICE FOR FAMILY and FRIENDS of the ADDICT

IS THERE LIFE AFTER ADDICTION


Whether it be HEROIN, COCAINE, ALCOHOL, METHAMPHETAMINE, PRESCRIPTION PILLS, or "WHATEVER" there is always HOPE for a decent and prosperous  life after addiction.  Is it EASY?  Hell NO!  It is one of the most DIFFICULT things a person may ever have to ENDURE.  With the LOVE, and SUPPORT of family and friends this seemingly IMPOSSIBLE TASK can be ACCOMPLISHED.  

As with anything else in life that is WORTHWHILE, anything that you may be trying to SUCCEED at, there will WORK involved.  I'm not talking about the SHOVEL in hand type of work either!  The type of JOB I am referring to is FAR more MENTALLY draining and CHALLENGING.  I am talking about DEDICATING your absolute EVERYTHING to the CAUSE.  It may or may not sound EASY to you.  Just keep in MIND that it is extremely EASY to get SIDETRACKED and STRAY from your GOAL and your main PURPOSE of assisting a loved one in RECOVERY.

The ADDICT will fight RECOVERY.  "There's NOTHING wrong with me! I can stop anytime!" or "I am not using DRUGS!" Believe me there are many more excuses the addict will come up with.

Get the ADDICT to SUBMIT. (HARD TIMES HERE, to say the least)

Once the ADDICT has come to TERMS with his/her problem, that is WHEN YOU DIVE IN AND YOU DO NOT GIVE UP!  You do not come up for AIR! (So to say! Please do not take me literally! Although by this point you probably feel like doing so!)  If you WANT to see your loved one live, he/she needs your SUPPORT and LOVE more than ever at this POINT.  

Get the ADDICT to BELIEVE in himself/herself.  "You CAN do this!" Be their number one CHEERLEADER!

PRAISE their ACCOMLISHMENTS, and when they FAIL (because it is rare when we don't) DO NOT condemn them.  ENCOURAGE them to GET BACK UP!  Get them BACK on TRACK!  This cycle may CONTINUE (the falling/failing and then getting back up, AKA RELAPSE) but CONTINUE to support the ADDICT with DISCIPLINE and STRUCTURE.  Most IMPORTANT do not GIVE UP! 


Stay FOCUSED!  Be DRIVEN!  Have FAITH!
http://amazon.com/author/susansegoviamunoz

Comments

  1. Sound advice for those acting like ice, as in taking a substance with negligence to perseverance of adherence to the illicit conflict.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The American Opioid Epidemic and Mental Illness

Someone Like Me-Is there a connection between addiction and mental illness? I say there is! Some people say that addiction is a choice, but I know for a fact that it’s not. Mental illness plays a big part in a persons decision making process and lifestyle choices. I am now in the middle of writing my 7th book and I will explain in detail how my chemically imbalanced mind thinks and reacts.  Well, at least how mine did before treatment anyway! Sure, I am no pro and I am not a doctor, but I have a genuine real life experience and a story to tell. I hope that you will open your mind to the possibility, or shall I say the reality, that addiction is indeed a disease and not a choice.

Behind Blue Eyes

Book Seven will be out soon! I have an editor now and everything is going as planned, just a bit behind schedule. I am going to expose a certain something that I didn’t intentionally leave out of my other books. I think that you will find it interesting and as always, I hope to inspire and help at least one person. LOVE-PEACE-HAPPINESS-STRENGTH-susie  Sweet Melissa Book Seven- Behind Blue Eyes  Because no one knows what it’s like...

Book 4 Revised

I have finally finished revising book four of the Sweet Melissa Memoir series! 2 more to go! The audio version for book 1 is almost done! I need more time in each day because 24hrs is not enough! My #dream is starting to become a #reality