Skip to main content

Happy New Year 2017! Gratitude

It is hard to believe how fast time passes by.  I have been out of prison since 5/11/2011!  After spending seven long years behind those bars, cement walls, and razor wire electric fences, I have learned to not take things for granted.  I never want to forget to be grateful for all I have.  I am not talking about material things.  I am talking about the things you can not buy. Some of the women I did time with, such as some of the Manson girls, Betty Broderick, and many others, will never see the outside of those prison walls again.  Many will die alone, and will have wasted their lives because of the crimes they have committed.  Substance abuse, and addiction caused many of these women's destinations to be doomed.

Once a person becomes addicted to drugs, and or alcohol, a part of their soul becomes captive to a wide variety of evils.  If you find that you are constantly battling with these demons, seek help before it is too late.

When an addict seeks and accepts recovery early in their addiction, a stronger foundation is built within that person. If an addict continues to use at an early age, it becomes much harder to recover.

Time goes by quickly, and the addict will get caught in a trap that may take years to get out of, if then.  You may be young now, but an addict ages quickly.  You look back, and ask yourself, "Where did the time go?"

No one grows up dreaming to be an addict, but it happens. Some people have that gene that predisposes them to a greater chance of becoming an addict.  If you have this gene, And you are not aware of it, there are signs. Things like not being able to have just a drink or two, are a sign.  Taking everything to the extreme and until the last drop, pill, line, fix, or hit is gone.

That's just the way it is. We have to say no to it all, and walk away from the people who can not say no.  It is too hard to be around that temptation, and the consequences are inevitable.

You will either die, or end up in prison.  Sometimes both.

So, I wish you all a Happy New Year, filled with love, strength, and hope for a healthy, brighter future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The American Opioid Epidemic and Mental Illness

Someone Like Me-Is there a connection between addiction and mental illness? I say there is! Some people say that addiction is a choice, but I know for a fact that it’s not. Mental illness plays a big part in a persons decision making process and lifestyle choices. I am now in the middle of writing my 7th book and I will explain in detail how my chemically imbalanced mind thinks and reacts.  Well, at least how mine did before treatment anyway! Sure, I am no pro and I am not a doctor, but I have a genuine real life experience and a story to tell. I hope that you will open your mind to the possibility, or shall I say the reality, that addiction is indeed a disease and not a choice.

Behind Blue Eyes

Book Seven will be out soon! I have an editor now and everything is going as planned, just a bit behind schedule. I am going to expose a certain something that I didn’t intentionally leave out of my other books. I think that you will find it interesting and as always, I hope to inspire and help at least one person. LOVE-PEACE-HAPPINESS-STRENGTH-susie  Sweet Melissa Book Seven- Behind Blue Eyes  Because no one knows what it’s like...

My Name is Susie and I’m a Comma Addict

Editing a manuscript is like editing your life! Search for the mistakes and fix them! Book One of The Sweet Melissa Memoir Series has been revised!  No worries! I’m sure it has plenty of commas stuck in the wrong place! It also has dialogue and a more descriptive value including what? EMOTION,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,#Recovery #Adiction #OneDayAtATime If you need to hire an editor/life coach then do it!  If you’re stubborn like me and you want to do it alone, then be prepared for the criticism. Go through the pages of your manuscript/life one word at a time.  Find an easy flow. Don’t make it complicated with terms you don’t understand and ask for help when you can.  There’s one thing I’ve found to be true, and that’s putting comma’s in the right place.  I habitually overuse them .  I guess they are my “NEW DRUG of CHOICE” and sometimes I follow my own rules of punctuation. If I need a pause or a break, I shove one in!  I am a comma addict, but I’m