Skip to main content

Just a little excerpt from Sweet Melissa:Ignorance is not Bliss

It was a very busy day.  I had many sessions and I was very tired but there was no way I wasn’t going to meet Deanna that night.  So, I told Mistress Tonya that I was going out for awhile and that I would not be too late.  She told me that she was hoping that I would work both shifts as long as I was going to be staying there. I told her that I would work when I got back from the club, and I promised her that I would work both shifts any other night for as long as I stayed with her.  She was not too happy, but gave in and I was out the door. I walked to the club since it was not too far away.  I got to the club and looked around.  I saw Deanna on the other side of the dance floor so I walked over to her.   She smiled when she saw me and I knew she had good news.  She told me she had found an apartment for us over on Winona.  That was not too far at all from Mistress Tonya’s place, just a couple blocks.  We had an appointment to view the apartment the next day at 3:00.  I would be there, that was for sure.  I stayed for awhile, danced a few songs with a guy I met named Jeff, and then left.  When I got back to Mistress Tonya’s, I told her my good news.  She told me to put on my work clothes and start answering the phones, and get back to work.  She said it would be no problem at all for me to leave a little early from work the following day so I would make it on time to the appointment. I saw a few more clients that night and then it was time to shut off the phones for the night.  The other girls were not too happy about me staying with Mistress Tonya, and about me working two shifts.  They finally all went home. I pulled out a futon to sleep on in the living room.  I was trying to get comfortable, and all of a sudden Mistress Tonya came out and told me that I should sleep in her bed. I told her that I was fine on the futon.  About an hour later, I heard the front door open.  I heard Mistress Tonya greet Chico at the door.  They went into her bedroom for a bit, and then Chico came out to where I was lying on the futon.  I faked being asleep. He pushed me and told me to get up.  I sat up and he asked me why I was sleeping in the living room and not in the bed.  He told me that I had hurt Mistress Tonya’s feelings and all of a sudden he back handed me across my face and left a huge knot on my forehead.  I almost blacked out from the hit.  I cried, and it was an uncontrollable cry.  I could not stop.  He told me that Mistress Tonya was attracted to me and she wanted to sleep with me.  I did not know what to say, because I did not want to get hit again.  I told him I was sorry through my sobbing and tears.  Chico pulled out a mirror and chopped up some cocaine.  I told him that I did not want any, I just wanted to go to sleep.  He started to get mad again, and then I agreed to do the line he made for me.  Chico started rubbing my hair.  He started rubbing my body.  The next thing you knew he was pushing me down on the futon and raping me.  I tried so hard to hold my tears in, and silence my cries, but I was not successful.  He did not care.  He finished and then left the living room, and went to sleep in the bedroom with Mistress Tonya.  I cried myself to sleep praying that I would be able to move very soon.
I woke up early after a night of restless sleep.  I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror.  I saw the huge lump on my forehead which would not let me forget the night before.  I covered it with my bangs.   I got ready for work and plugged in the phones.  I wanted to get a head start on the day and I was sure that no one here would mind.  By 2:30 I was done with my shift, so I cleaned up and headed over to the apartment on Winona.  Mistress Tonya still had quite an attitude, but she did allow me to leave for the viewing of the potential new place.  It was 3:00 exactly and Deanna was there waiting for me.  She waved to me as soon as she saw me turning the corner. I waved back, and continued walking towards her.  We walked up the pathway leading to the entrance of the building.  We then knocked on the manager’s door, introduced ourselves, and then she let us in.  We talked for awhile and then she gave us each an application to fill out. We both filled them out right then and there and I lied on the space where it asked for my current employment. The manager then took the applications from us, and then took us upstairs to apartment number six and showed us around.  It was only a one-bedroom unit, but Deanna said I could have the bedroom, and she would make a room for herself out of the dining room area.  I watched the manager as she looked over our applications.  I did not know the normal process since this was my first apartment.  She smiled and told us that if we want the apartment and had the money to move in, including the deposit, that we could move in as early as the next day.  This shocked us both, but none the less made us very happy.  We told the manager that we wanted the place, and I talked quietly with Deanna for a second.  Deanna did not have all the money for her half of the deposit so I told her that I would pay it.  Deanna handed me the money she had, and I made up for the rest.  I handed the total amount due to the manager.  I had been making a lot of money and I wanted to move in as soon as we could so I did not mind one bit putting out that extra money.  We were handed the keys and the apartment was ours. 


Deanna and I left the apartment after thanking the manager.  We were so happy that finally we would have our own place.  I told Deanna that I would see her the next day as soon as I could.  I told her that I would try to get the whole day off work.  She said that she was going to call in sick to her job at the phone company.  Right after I said good-bye to Deanna, I went back to tell Mistress Tonya my good news.  I told Mistress Tonya but she did not seem as happy for me as I thought she would be.  In fact she seemed a little upset.  I wondered why for a second, but I knew.  I just did not want to think about it right then.  I was too excited about moving.  All I knew was that I was moving into my first apartment and I could not wait.  I asked her if I could take the next day off to move in and she reluctantly said yes.  I did not have to pack my things because I had never unpacked.  I did not have that much to move anyways, just a couple of bags and it would only take a minute.  I wanted to enjoy my newfound independence. I would be living in an empty apartment for awhile, but that empty apartment would be mine.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The American Opioid Epidemic and Mental Illness

Someone Like Me-Is there a connection between addiction and mental illness? I say there is! Some people say that addiction is a choice, but I know for a fact that it’s not. Mental illness plays a big part in a persons decision making process and lifestyle choices. I am now in the middle of writing my 7th book and I will explain in detail how my chemically imbalanced mind thinks and reacts.  Well, at least how mine did before treatment anyway! Sure, I am no pro and I am not a doctor, but I have a genuine real life experience and a story to tell. I hope that you will open your mind to the possibility, or shall I say the reality, that addiction is indeed a disease and not a choice.

My Name is Susie and I’m a Comma Addict

Editing a manuscript is like editing your life! Search for the mistakes and fix them! Book One of The Sweet Melissa Memoir Series has been revised!  No worries! I’m sure it has plenty of commas stuck in the wrong place! It also has dialogue and a more descriptive value including what? EMOTION,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,#Recovery #Adiction #OneDayAtATime If you need to hire an editor/life coach then do it!  If you’re stubborn like me and you want to do it alone, then be prepared for the criticism. Go through the pages of your manuscript/life one word at a time.  Find an easy flow. Don’t make it complicated with terms you don’t understand and ask for help when you can.  There’s one thing I’ve found to be true, and that’s putting comma’s in the right place.  I habitually overuse them .  I guess they are my “NEW DRUG of CHOICE” and sometimes I follow my own rules of punctuation. If I need a pause or a break, I shove one in!  I am a comma addict, but I’m

Behind Blue Eyes

Book Seven will be out soon! I have an editor now and everything is going as planned, just a bit behind schedule. I am going to expose a certain something that I didn’t intentionally leave out of my other books. I think that you will find it interesting and as always, I hope to inspire and help at least one person. LOVE-PEACE-HAPPINESS-STRENGTH-susie  Sweet Melissa Book Seven- Behind Blue Eyes  Because no one knows what it’s like...